Pursuant to Article 123 section 1 of the Public Procurement Law of 29/01/2004 (uniform text: Journal of laws of 2019, item 1843 as amended), the Contracting Entity, i.e. the City of Ruda Śląska, would like to announce the results and score for the Competition Entries granted by the Competition Jury within the Competition for the Development of the Urban Planning and Architectural Concept Design for the Renewal and Adaptation of the Blast Furnace in Pokój Steelworks in Ruda Śląska for the Tourist and Cultural Purposes organised by the City of Ruda Śląska.
Based on the assessment criteria stipulated in the Rules of the Competition, the Contracting Entity, i.e. the City of Ruda Śląska, made the following decision in the Competition:
1. The 1st Prize of PLN 80,000 was granted for the Competition Entry submitted by:
eM4 Pracownia Architektury Brataniec
ul. Jana Zamoyskiego 26 m.9, 30-523 Kraków
The said Entry received 768 points.
The first prize was granted for a synthetic and clear concept of exhibiting unique qualities of the post-industrial Blast Furnace compound. Its simple, horizontal shape, referring to the traces of the Cast House, containing the entrance to the museum, emphasizes the complexity of vertical industrial components, accentuating their pragmatic history and the peculiar romanticism of their presence. The public space obtained by placing the entrance block as the one suspended above the ground is independent from weather conditions. The Competition Jury believes that the proposed use of the railway long bridge for complementary office function is a good idea. The simplicity of this solution enables to perform it within the assumed budget. Also the idea of shaping the vegetation in the spatial composition as the natural succession and the plant migration was appreciated.
2. The 2nd Prize of PLN 40,000 was granted for the Competition Entry submitted by:
Grupa 5 Architekci Sp. z o.o.
ul. Wejnerta 16A, 02-619 Warszawa
The said Entry received 690 points.
The second prize was granted for an eye-catching and consistent vision of shaping the urban space of the composition and its architectural form, as well as a precise exhibition plan, both in terms of its programme and of its spatial arrangement. There are doubts concerning the possibility to implement the proposed functional programme within the assumed project budget and the feasibility of the shaped underground function without examining the actual shape of the existing foundations.
3. The 3rd Prize of PLN 20,000 was granted for the Competition Entry submitted by:
BDR Architekci Sp. z o.o.
ul. Ludna 3A/17, 00-405 Warszawa
The said Entry received 618 points.
The third prize was granted for a moderate and feasible concept, possible to implement within the assumed project budget, and for a carefully designed idea of the museum exhibition. However, the Competition Jury had serious doubts concerning inexpressive nature of the proposed architectural design.
4. The 4th Prize of PLN 10,000 was granted for the Competition Entry submitted by:
8486 Architekci Henryk Struski
ul. Broniewskiego 20/15, 40-131 Katowice
The said Entry received 537 points.
The fourth prize was granted for the urban-planning values of the municipal yard design and the atrium spatial layout of the facility. There are doubts concerning the design of two below-grade floors and the resulting anticipated high project costs.
5. The 5th Prize of PLN 10,000 was granted for the Competition Entry submitted by:
ARSIS Atelier Projektowe
pl. Wolności 3/8, 40-078 Katowice
The said Entry received 458 points.
The fifth prize was granted for the appropriate spatial distribution of the predefined programme which freed the urban square in front of the Blast Furnace compound and attempted at designing lightweight and ethereal new buildings. There are doubts concerning the excess fragmentation of the functional programme and excessively high interference of new buildings in the preserved substance of post-industrial facilities.
6. The honorary distinction was granted for the Identification Study submitted by:
Arch. DI Robert Lamprecht – Super Future Group
mgr. inz. arch. Anna Lamprecht
Bischofsplatz 1/6B, 8010 Graz, Austria
The honorary distinction was granted for an attempt at creating a centrally oriented public space in the newly-designed facilities (the Museum Yard) and at integrating architecture with vegetation (the Secret Garden).
7. The honorary distinction was granted for the Identification Study submitted by:
VOBOO Mateusz Okrajni
ul. Topolowa 16, 42-512 Malinowice
The honorary distinction was granted for an attempt at placing most museum rooms below grade and shaping the entrance components.
8. The honorary distinction was granted for the Identification Study submitted by:
WXCA Sp z o.o.
ul. Bracka 18/62, 00-068 Warszawa
The honorary distinction was granted for emphasizing the dialogue between the nature and preservation of the industrial heritage and for providing an innovative approach to that problem.
9. The honorary distinction was granted for the Identification Study submitted by:
JRK72 Architekt Jacek Krych
ul. Zwycięstwa 40/12A, 44-100 Gliwice
The honorary distinction was granted for an expressive and consistent attempt at creating museum and exhibition space in the interior separated from the outdoor urban structure.
- RESULTS’ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE COMPETITION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE URBAN PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURAL CONCEPT DESIGN FOR THE RENEWAL AND ADAPTATION OF THE BLAST FURNACE IN POKÓJ STEELWORKS IN RUDA ŚLĄSKA FOR THE TOURIST AND CULTURAL PURPOSES [65 KB]
- Ogłoszenie o wynikach konkursu Dz.U./S S241 13/12/2019 592958-2019-PL [117 KB]
- Ogłoszenie o sprostowaniu ogłoszenia Dz.U./S S244 18/12/2019 601321-2019-PL [87 KB]